Tuesday, August 30, 2005

'She Likes to Feel the Sand Beneath Her Feet'



I'm just waiting to Exhale. I'm heading down to St. George Island tomorrow afternoon for a long weekend vacation at the beach. A long needed long weekend vacation. An 8 hour trip from Atlanta, I should be there by 11pm tomorrow, and by 11:05pm my toes will be in the sand, guaranteed. The way work's been lately, thinking about a few days on the water is the only thing keeping my sanity. I can almost hear the crash of the waves now...or is that just a hallucination from lack of sleep and too much stress?

The great thing about St. George is that it's very dog-friendly, so of course Darby's going with me! Dogs are allowed on the beaches, and even at the local restaurants if you sit out on the patio area. I even have a doggy Hawaiian shirt for him to sport around the island. He's going to love it just as much as me, I'm sure! An animal shelter adoptee, he fell into the lap of luxury, and has been spoiled rotten since the day I picked him out...or did he choose me?

So my friends, if you don't hear from me this weekend, you'll know where I am. I'll be working on my base tan before my trip to Greece in 2 weeks. Which, by the way, my passport renewal arrived today, thank goodness! It only took them a week to send back to me, but of course, it cost me an additional $100 to have it expedited. That's what I get for my procrastination. And on that same subject, it's midnight and I'm still doing laundry to pack for tomorrow...

6 comments:

THEMARSHAL said...

Midknight? Bahhhhh....thats not late....is it? I hope you haver the best weekend ever, and Darby better enjoy the beach. I can only wish I was there.

Jeremy said...

Have fun and drive safely (I am assuming you are driving). Take some pictures!

Diane Mandy said...

Enjoy the long weekend!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

St George - patron saint of England - he'll protect you from "hurricanoes" (Shakespeare's spelling)

David said...

Well I hope you have a great time! Take lots of pictures

SassyAssy said...

Have a lot of fun. Let Darby run himself exhausted on the beach! And gear up for the time of your life in Greece. I am sure you will have some interesting stories to relate to us in blogger world.